Updated August 2020
What is Personal information?
“Personal Information” means the same as it does within the Privacy Act 1993. In general terms, this includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your payment information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, then the information is considered personal information.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
Good George may collect limited personal information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”) such as:
- email addresses
- Mailing or residential address
- Purchase history, date and place of purchase
- Loyalty Card Number or Loyalty App reference
If you communicate with us by e-mail, or complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. For example, we may request personal information from you when you:
- contact us for further information;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- enter a promotion,
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- register your details on our web site;
- ask for a quote to be prepared;
- express interest in a particular product or service
Your personal information will be held by Somerset Brewing Company Limited, trading as Good George Brewing, 43-45 King Street, Frankton, Hamilton.
Why do we collect personal information?
Our main reason we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and provide a high standard of customer service. We will not use your information in ways that are not consented by you. We will not share, sell, rent or disclose any personal information other than as described within this Policy, or as permitted by the Privacy Act.
Good George Collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following reasons:
- to provide products and services to you
- to keep you informed about new or existing products and services
- to communicate with you and process booking requests
- to manage and enhance our products and services
- to personalise and customise your experience
- to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of Good George Brewing and selected third parties
- to verify your identity
- to investigate if we have reason to suspect unlawful activity as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act)
- your access and use of our website or apps
- your signing up to our and email communications
- your bookings and use of our Good George Venues – as described on our Web page.
- Your access or use of our Wifi at Good George Venues
- Your conversations or email interaction with our Customer Team
- recognise your computer or device each time it visits our site
- to keep track of products and services you view, so that we can send you information about those products or services
- to track which pages you visit whilst on our site. We may use this information to optimize our site and create a better online or email experience for you
- to measure traffic patterns on our website, effectiveness of marketing initiatives and website efficiency
- to gather data on website traffic and customer activity on our website
Other information we may collect
For statistical purposes we collect anonymous information on web site activity (such as top pages viewed, the number of pages viewed, the number of sessions, most popular session times). We use this data to evaluate our web site performance and to improve the content we display to you.
To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising (including click throughs from email marketing), we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions.
How do we collect your information
There are several ways we may collect information, including:
- Good George may use tracking technologies such as Cookies. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. Most web browsers are set to accept tracking technologies such as cookies. These tracking technologies do not themselves personally identify users, although they do identify a user's browser. However, if you do not wish to receive any cookies, you may set your browser to refuse them.
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
Alternatively you can opt out of cookies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
How we use your information
Good George uses your information to better understand your exact needs and provide you with better service. Good George may share your Personal Information among related bodies corporate of Good George.
Good George may also use your Personal Information:
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives
- to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to "opt-out" from this activity at any time
- to enhance your customer experience and help us complete your transactions faster
- for planning, product development or research purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our employees, for the operation of our websites or bars and businesses, and for the specific purpose of fulfilling requests by you, and to provide products and services to you, and where we are permitted to under the Privacy Act.
Where we use third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information if it is required to fulfil those services and only to the extent required to fulfil those services. Examples of such third party providers may include:
- Service providers such as web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants, software providers such as customer relationship management, and accounting software
- Existing or potential suppliers, business partners or joint venture entities or partners
- Sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us
We require any third party to protect your information against unauthorized use or disclosure.
Some of these service providers may be located overseas. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing
Aside from the above, we only release personal information when it is permitted under the Privacy Act or required by law for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities, and/or to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Good George Brewing, our users, or others, and where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary. Government agencies with statutory roles enabling them to request data from us include but are not restricted to the Police, Inland Revenue and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
We will only send Personal Information to third party organisations when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested; e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. assemblers, repairers), web developers, marketing agencies, finance companies; or
- we are required or authorized by law to disclose the information.
Such information remains under Good George custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
Access and correction
You can have access to the personal information we hold about you. Our goal is to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact our us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. A $25 administration fee will be charged for the retrieval of personal information to cover our costs. No fee applies to the correction of personal information.
How do we use mobile?
If you are using one of our mobile applications, and you accept that Good George Brewing can send you "Push Notifications", then you are agreeing to accept notifications from us even when the mobile application is not running. Your "Push Notification" preferences can be configured in the application's settings.
Third-party web sites
Links to third party web sites on www.goodgeorge.co.nz are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave Somerset Brewing Company Ltd trading as Good George Brewery’s site. Good George is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
At Good George we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving email Newsletters , promo’s etc, you can do so at any time, for any reason.
Good George is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Breach of Privacy
We value your privacy and the information you consent to share in relation to our SMS marketing service. We use this information to send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us.